Made in 1994


Time is not measured by clocks
but by moments

Olivia Alice




My youngest daughter recently turned twenty four and I couldn't help feeling old.  It seems that in a blink of an eye, my three girls have all grown up and I've become a grandma.

It all seems a bit surreal now, me as a mum of three little girls in the Spring of 1994.  I remember feeling incredibly anxious about how I was going to cope.  How were we going to get five of us into our car with only four seat belts?  Could my two year old handle walking to school to drop of her older sister...her beloved buggy now being occupied by her sibling?  In fact how were we going to make it to school on time?   I now had two children in nappies and no close family living nearby with offers to babysit.

My anxiety, gradually faded away into insignificance as life continued.  I found I was more relaxed than I had been with my other two children and the baby just had to fit into the family routine.   Life was often hectic, demanding and extremely messy but I actually loved those early years and being a stay at home mum.



Back in 1994,  looking to the future when my children would be adults seemed far, far off!

If you are still in the process of raising children, be aware.  The tiny hand prints that show up on almost every newly cleaned surface, the toys scattered around the house, the piles and piles of washing lying around to be tackled, will disappear all too soon.  And you will, to your surprise, miss them profoundly.

Today, I have three beautiful, talented daughters and I need to remember to count my age by the number of happy memories and not the number of years!

1994 had its share of music memories but 'I'll Stand By You' by the Pretenders will always be special.💙🌝


Comments

Popular Posts