A snowy Weekend in Cambridge




What a week this has been weather wise.  The Beast from the East crippled parts of the UK but here in Cambridgeshire we got off lightly.  The call about school closures never came, bloody freezing though!

The Backs,Cambridge

The snow started to fall again in Friday afternoon but brought with it a little ray of sunshine...Soli and mummy were waiting for me when I arrived home from work.

No sooner had Soli toddled through my front door when my house began to resemble the end state of a burglary.  Everything caught his eye, from the cauliflower sitting in the vegetable rack in the kitchen, to plants and flowers in the lounge.

The last time I saw Soli was four weeks ago and wow! what a change.  Before he wasn't interested in soft toys or trolleys, but now they have become firm favourites.  His memory, understanding and language have really come on and he has a great sense of mischief and fun, the fun starting early in the morning until bedtime.  Of course with the fun side you always get the toddler tantrums and Soli is developing his very own temper style, much to my amusement.  I'm not sure mummy feels the same though!  when she asked when she should start to discipline him my reply was " Not until he's a teenager" 😉 

As for grandma cuddles and kisses, they are simply the best, even from a very snotty Soli.



The weekend flew by.  Our visit to Cambridge was lovely.  Soli loves eating out and thoroughly enjoyed lunch at Patisserie Valerie.  Every time the waitress brought something to our table we had loud "oh, oh, oh oh's" from Soli, much to everyone's amusement.  If people thought they were going to have a quiet lunch...big mistake.  He was a little star with the staff though, not too much on the floor and he wiped the table when we had finished eating. 😮 

Zara's was next!  This shop was made for him, lots of space to run and places to crawl through.  My daughter asked if people were looking and tutting,  I suppose they could have been!  But Soli and grandma were too busy playing chase and hide & seek to notice.

I would never have thought to look for toddler clothes in Zara, but what a surprise.  Really nice and  not your usual baby stuff with car or flower motifs, and designs that either a boy or girl could wear.  I got Soli some leggings and an embroidered jumper...perfect!


Soli's favourite word at the moment ...Oh!


Sunday evening, the snow has gone and so has Soli.  My house is so quiet and is a complete and utter mess, I'm shattered...but I wouldn't have it any other way💙🌝





Comments

Popular Posts