First day with Grandma


Soli and mummy are staying at my house, mummy is working in London today. Up at 6.30 and quick shower before being greeted by Soli with big smiles and giggles.  I smother him in cuddles before taking him down stairs for breakfast. Great, not too much mess.  Ha, so far so good.  Mummy busy getting ready, I need to put on my make up as I don't leave the house without it!!  What to do with Soli?  Bathroom with me. Soli clings to my legs, I decide perhaps I can get by with just a bit of blusher.  I need the loo, don't look Soli.

We take mummy to the station, not a murmur from the back seat during the half hour round trip, hopefully Soli will sleep for hours now.  As I turn the engine off I hear rumblings from the back, oh well, never mind, he is due a long sleep later.  The weather is awful, looks like it will be an indoor day today.
I start to wash up and tidy the kitchen but give up after a minute when I find Soli eating a potato from my vegetable rack.  We have loads of toys, but onions, potatoes, wine bottles and cables are so much more appealing.  Come on grandma play with me. I have a great idea, messy play!!  Paint messy play, perefect! Will do it in the kitchen, should be okay. It took me fifteen minutes to get everything ready and two minutes before Soli looked like a liitle green monster.   Twenty minutes to clean him up, and he needed a bath.  Coming back down the stairs from the bathroom, we followed a trail of green paint, Soli had a great time though.
Following snack, we chilled, sitting on the sofa together,watching JK.  Then it was music time, Yay!  Lots of pots and pans and musical toys. Lunch time was followed by story time, with lots of cuddles and Soli fell asleep!!  My time now for something to eat and to blitz that painting trail.  An hour later and it was time to play, Soli made that very clear!  We had a great time exploring upstairs, for nearly two hours. Then we had more chill out TV and snack time before picking mummy up, Soli fell asleep in the car!    Grandma looked like she had been pulled through a hedge, a very green hedge.  He's all yours mummy, grandma's having an early night!

Note to self: Did Soli really have so much fun painting whistle Really need a baby walker to keep Soli safe, whilst I'm on the loo!  
Being adventurous

Exploring upstairs and meeting Lambie
Little Green Solimonster

Listening to different sounds.

Soli wanted to squelch in the mud too.

Soli loves this book and grandma sings the song in her sleep.

Hide and seek, I'm coming grandma.

Just chillin! enjoying a fruity bake and water.

I like the feel of this one.

A busy morning and hopefully this will be part of our routine, giving me a chance to catch up!

Comments

Popular Posts